Friday, June 10, 2011

Bar Summer Resolution #759

I'm studying for the bar exam this summer.  At the beginning of the summer (ahem, three weeks ago), I thought "this summer will be great.  I can study 5-8 hours a day and then have the time to basically remake my life."  Therefore, I made several resolutions.  Among them: growing out my hair, learning how to dance, becoming a runner (and running a 5K), finally getting an amazing tan, meeting new people in my new big-for-me city, decorating my loft apartment with cool, trendy art, finding a coffee shop a la Central Perk in Friends, polishing up a law school paper into a publishable article, actually publishing Issues 4 and 5 of the Law Review, oh yeah . . . and passing the Kansas Bar so I can be employed.

So far, I have done a lot of unpacking, learned that I am not suited for any form of dancing (including the double purpose Zumba), and met several neighbors during a Tornado party.  I am on Lecture 3 of Barbri, approximately a week behind.  My Bluebook is sitting neglected in the corner of my room, along with my red pen.  I did print out the Couch to 5K program tonight, but I mainly walked on the treadmill at the YMCA.  So, naturally, I decided it was time for another Bar Summer Resolution--the creation of my first blog!  Here is to hoping that this one sticks . . . and that I pass the Bar Exam.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment